The Recipes section aims to introduce you to the most famous Italian recipes. The recipes use products that you can find on our website.
Pasta with pistachio pesto and chopped Bronte DOP pistachios
ingredients for 4 persons
- 8 slices of bacon
- 50 g Bronte DOP chopped pistachios ( Bronte DOP chopped pistachios – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 50 g Italian hard cheese (e.g. Grana Padano or Parmesan)
- 6 small tomatoes (pachino or cherry tomatoes)
- 360 g Penne Rigate Monograno Felicetti ( Penne Rigate – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- Natural Campisi sea salt as desired ( sea salt – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
90 g Pistachio pesto from Sicily
(Pistachio pesto from Sicily – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com))
Preparation: 15 minutes
- Fry the bacon in a pan without fat until crispy and drain on kitchen paper.
- Finely grate the cheese.
- Finely dice tomatoes.
- Cook the penne in plenty of boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 200ml pasta water.
- Heat the pasta water and pesto in a large pan.
- Add tomatoes and drained pasta and mix.
- Mix in half of the cheese and spread on preheated plates.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining cheese, bacon and the chopped pistachios.
A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil with chilli ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Chili – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) ) before serving gives the dish a special touch
Crostata with lemon, orange or tangerine jam
From the Italian Recipes section
- 420 grams of wheat flour
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 175 g butter in cubes
- 1 egg + additional yolk, lightly whisked
- 320-370g Lemon-orange or tangerine marmalade ( citrus fruits from Sicily – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- some milk to brush the pastry
- For the crostata dough, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter in pieces and lightly whisked egg with egg yolk along with approx. 2 tablespoons of ice-cold water and only use a dough cutter, knife or cold hands until the dough comes together and can be shaped into a dough ball. If it still seems too dry, you can add a little more water. Then flatten it like a brick and wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C top and bottom heat. Have a crostata mold* that is not too tall (preferably with a removable base) with a diameter of approx. 21-23cm ready.
- First remove about 2/3 of the dough, put the rest back in the fridge. Roll out the removed dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin to a thickness of approx. 5 mm. The circle should be larger than the diameter of the shape, since you want the sides of the shape to be covered as well.
- It is important to always make sure that the base and the dough on top are lightly covered with flour, otherwise the dough will stick and can neither be rolled out well nor lifted into the mold later.
- Carefully lift the rolled out dough into the mold. This works quite well if you wind it up on the rolling pin and then slide it into the mold. Don’t worry if you see cracks or gaps. Simply pinch together or patch up some of the remaining dough. Press gently and lightly on the sides, simply roll off or cut off the excess edge (this can still be used for the stripes on top). You could blind bake the Crostata base for a moment or put it in the fridge. But you don’t have to.
- Stir the jam or marmalade briefly, then fill in and smooth out a little.
- Roll out the remaining dough (again, work with flour) a little thinner than before, cut into strips approx. 1.5 cm wide (ideally decoratively with a corrugated dough wheel, but a pizza cutter also works), then place diagonally over the tart. Press lightly on the edges. Trim off excess edges.
- Brush the crostata strips with a little milk.
- Place the crostata in the preheated oven on the middle shelf for about 25-30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.
If you have enough time, you can put the tart in the fridge for half an hour after it has been rolled out, filled and provided with dough strips before it goes into the oven. In this way, the dough becomes a little firmer again and the lattice structure is more visually preserved. Of course, preheat the oven later and not already in step 3.
From the Italian Recipes section
Preparation: 10 minutes
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 small spring onions, trimmed
- Contedoro olive oil
- 1 nut-sized piece of butter
- 2 sprigs oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 800 g tomato sauce Campisi – ( Pachino tomato sauce IGP – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- Sea Salt Campisi – ( Sea Salt – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 5-pepper mix, freshly ground
- 1/4 bunch basil, leaves
- 500g mozzarella, slightly frozen
- 12 sheets of pasta (dried or fresh)
- 80g Parmesan, freshly grated
Preheat the oven to 150°C. Finely chop the garlic and scallions. In a frying pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil with butter. Fry the garlic, spring onions and oregano in it for two minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and a pinch each of sugar, salt and pepper. Put the lid on and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop a handful of basil leaves and set aside the rest. Mix the chopped basil into the tomatoes and cook for another five minutes. Cut the mozzarella into 1/2 cm thick slices. Spread a teaspoon of olive oil on the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay out three pasta sheets next to each other. Layer alternating layers of tomato sauce, pasta sheets, mozzarella and a few basil leaves with a sprinkling of olive oil. Finish with mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake the lasagne in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
To skin fresh tomatoes, cut crosswise at the base of the blossom with a sharp knife. Tomatoes approx. 1 min. place in boiling water, remove, rinse with cold water. The skin can then be easily removed with a kitchen knife.
Parmigiana di Melanzane from southern Italy
Ingredients for 2-4 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Contedoro ( virgin organic olive oil extra – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 800 g tomato puree Campisi ( Pachino IGP tomato puree – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, chopped
- 500 g aubergines (2 small aubergines)
- 1 egg, whisked
flour for rolling
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for frying, alternatively other high-heatable oil
- 1 handful
- basil leaves
- 200 grams of mozzarella
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Pepper salt
Sauté the onion in olive oil until golden, add the garlic, cook briefly, then add the tomatoes, sugar, oregano, pepper and salt.
Simmer the tomato sauce uncovered for 20 minutes, gently bubbling, then season to taste. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Cut the aubergines into 1 cm thick slices, season with salt, first dip in the beaten egg on both sides, then roll in flour. Then fry in oil until golden brown and crispy and then park on kitchen paper. Now layering is as follows:
Tomato sauce, eggplant, mozzarella with some basil and repeat until all ingredients are used. The finale is mozzarella and it is topped with delicious parmesan. The parmigiana is baked for 25-30 minutes until the top is perfectly melted and browned. Now all that’s missing is some fresh basil on top and a good glass of wine and you can start dreaming of spring evenings in Bella Italia.atenpuree
From the Italian Recipes section
ingredients for 4 people
- 400g spaghetti pasta
- 1 small vegetable onion
- 1/2-1 red chili pepper
- 50g smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Contedoro ( Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 850 ml tomatoes Campisi ( Pachino tomato sauce IGP – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 1/2 tsp dried. Italian herbs
- Sea Salt Campisi Natur ( Sea Salt – Sapore Italia (sapore-italia.com) )
- 250 grams of ripe tomatoes
Peel and dice the onion. Deseed, wash and finely chop the chili. Finely dice the bacon, fry in hot oil until crispy. Fry the onion and chili briefly. Add the tomatoes and their juice, mash well and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add herbs, season with salt, pepper and sugar. Wash and dice fresh tomatoes. Add to the sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes and taste.